The Mentor Network Direct Support Professional in Oxford, Mississippi
Direct Support Professional Primary Location: MS-MSOxford-112 Chinkapin Loop Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) REM Mississippi
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity for you at REM Mississippi.
REM Mississippi is seeking Direct Support Professionals.
Duties will include:
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individualsin the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provide transportation for individualsreceiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintain current progress and service notes.
- Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Benefits for full time staff:
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
Benefits for all staff:
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.