The MENTOR Network Program Director in Indianapolis, Indiana
Program Director Primary Location: United States-IN-INIndianapolis Function: Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the publichealth concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity for you, with Indiana MENTOR, as a Program Director, working out of our Indianapolis office. As a Program Director you will supervise Supported Living Homes, & Group Homes. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Program Directors ensure all individuals are properly managed and cared for, including implementing programs and services for the individuals. The Program Director also manages, hires, trains and schedules staff; and coordinates activities and appointments of individuals served, and maintains records.
Duties will include:
- Manage the day to day operations of all programs
- Manage, hire, train and schedule staff.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; complete purchasing of program supplies; and review and submit billing compliance documentation.
- Maintain and foster relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implement individual’s satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Implement program incident management protocols; ensure timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
- Maintain program compliance with Network and regulatory standards.
- Provide leadership including direct supervision of home managers and direct support professionals
- Implement Network employee practices; implement program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommend and assist with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provide employee orientation and training.
- Maintain licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assure timely and accurate program documentation.