The Mentor Network Life Skills Trainer in Houston, Texas
Life Skills Trainer Primary Location: United States-TX-TXHouston Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) MENTIS Neuro Health
Mentis Neuro Health is seeking Full Time and PRN Direct Care / Life Skills Trainer for our Houston, Texas location!
Come join our amazing team in the very important work we do providing community-based services for adults with brain injury and other neurological challenges.
As a Direct Care Professional/Life Skills Trainer, you'll carry out rewarding work, playing a crucial role in supporting the attainment of treatment goals. Working closely with our clinical staff, you will support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place for individuals in the program. You will provide training, assistance and supervision to those we serve in the areas of daily living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance.
Assist with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration. Help facilitate relationships and support community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings, or providing transportation to work or other activities. Our DCPs assist therapists from all disciplines in providing treatment, as well as maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of resident equipment and treatment space.
Our Direct Care Professionals are the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
You will perform resident care in accordance with nursing practices and plan of care for the person served based on age and diagnoses.
- Assist with treatment for person(s) served under the direction and supervision of a Therapist or Therapist Assistant.
- Communicate effectively with all other staff to accomplish treatment goals.
- Document all measurements and clinical information on appropriate forms and according to policy. Present accurate and timely reports to Clinical Coordinator and Nurse Manager.
- Report any observed safety and risk management issues - i.e., behavior changes, unusual occurrences to the appropriate supervisor.
- Demonstrate initiative, accuracy, and thoroughness in performing special projects.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.