The Mentor Network House Lead / Program Supervisor in Fresno, California
House Lead / Program Supervisor Primary Location: United States-CA-CAFresno Function: Direct Support Management Loyd's Liberty Homes Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.As a House Team Lead/Supervisor (Our official title for this position is " Program Supervisor ")with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people.Description
Looking to take your Caregiving experience to the next career step?
The Program Supervisor role is a great way to gain supervisory experience while still being connected to those we serve.
Take your human services career to the next level! If you are a natural leader looking for a longer-term management track in Human Services, we want to hear from you for this House Lead/Program Supervisor opportunity.
The Program Supervisor is responsible to lead services within a designated service or program to ensure that all of the individuals we serve are supported with dignity and respect. Program Supervisors also are responsible to ensure staff schedules are maintained to meet service plans to properly assist and support in social, behavioral, and health care needs in all areas of daily living. The PS also acts as a “go to” person for that program, serving as a mentor to other employees, promoting teamwork, and identifying any training needs.
In addition to coordinating the activities of the employees within that program, the Program Supervisor delivers direct care services to individuals on an ongoing basis.
- Under the supervision of the Case Management Supervisor and Program Director, oversee the day-to-day operation of the home
- Lead services within a designated service or program
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Direct Support Professionals
- Supervise daily activities of Direct Support Professionals
- Coordinate the activities for, and maintain schedules of, the employees of the program
- Provide direct care and support to assigned individuals we serve
- Provide input and feedback in hiring, disciplinary, and firing decisions
- Responsible for ensuring that onboarding, orientation and ongoing training is delivered
- Physical Requirements: Heavy work – push, pull and lift 50 pounds.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!