The Mentor Network Direct Support Professional/HCS in D'Iberville, Mississippi
Direct Support Professional/HCS Primary Location: MS-MSDiberville-10495 Lemoyne Blvd Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) REM Mississippi
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity for you at REM Mississippi.
*Looking for Individuals with the ability to have a Flexible Work Schedule*
REM Mississippi is seeking a Part-Time Direct Support Professionals for Home and Community Support and Driver in the D'Ibervill e , MS area.
Duties will include:
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individualsin the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provide transportation for individualsreceiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintain current progress and service notes.
- Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Benefits for all staff:
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.
DSPs are the link to the community for those they serve. For some, they may be the eyes of those unable to see, or the voice for those who can’t speak. For others, they are friend, cheerleader and subtle support on the path to one’s true potential.
For REM Mississippi and The MENTOR Network the DSP/HCS is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
To that end, the DSP/HCS also happens to be one of the best places to start in our company with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. We in fact have many success stories from people at all levels that started out in the DSP/HCS role.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue…we want to hear from you!